Our touring team consisted of Siobhan Roe, Lauren Daly, Ed Gates- Ashton, Cooper Forest, Jake Butterfield and Daniel Hogan in the U15’s and Garry Ashton, Brett Roe and Steve Forest in the Open men’s category.
The first event of the day was the 2 km run where Henley recorded the following results
- Open Men’s, Garry Ashton 5th
- Open Men’s, Brett Roe 6th
- Open Men’s, Steve Forest, 7th
- U15 Ed Gates, 2nd
This was followed by the beach events including Sprints and flags where we recorded the following results,
- Open men’s sprint, Garry Ashton 5th
- U15 female sprint, Lauren Daly 6th in her heat and just missed the final
- Open Flags, Garry Ashton, 7th
- U15 relay team, Lauren Daly teamed up with Ocean Grove and Mornington, 3rd in a fierce final
In the water the Henley Team did a fantastic job with our U15’s making most finals and the open men all competing well for the club with the following results in the finals
- Open men’s swim, Brett Roe 14th
- Open Board race, Brett 13th and Steve 12th
- U15 men’s board, Daniel 16th, Cooper 10th
- U15 female Iron woman, Siobhan 14th
- U15 board relay men’s, Jake, Daniel, Cooper, 4th
- U15 board relay female, Lauren, Siobhan, Annika (Seacliff), 4th
All these kids did a great job considering it was their 3rd day of competition with some late nights in between. It should be noted that Lauren, Siobhan, Ed and Cooper are U 14’s competing in very tough conditions with kids who were U15’s and very experienced competitors in these conditions.
Many thanks to all our mums and dads who travelled over to Vic to allow our kids and the older fellas to experience some great surf and more importantly meet many new friends and enjoy the hospitality offered by Ocean Grove, Torquay and Anglesea members. We look forward to returning next year with an even bigger Henley team.
Special thanks to Garry Ashton who also did the Team Manager role for the 2 junior carnivals on the Friday and Saturday.
Henley Team Manager