Neville and Annie had only just arrived at Jimbaran and were relaxing by the pool when he heard a loud bang and some commotion in an area where the staff were setting up for a wedding. Neville quickly realised that something was seriously wrong and went over to investigate and established that one of their staff had been electrocuted. There were approx. 150 people present at the time and only Neville was able to assist this poor lad.
Neville immediately swung into action and used his Surf Life Saving skills to established there was no pulse and no breathing present and immediately commenced CPR, very soon after the patient started breathing and he regained consciousness. The locals then bundled him up and took him to Hospital. The next day the lad he revived came back and thanked him for saving his life. I am advised this was a very emotional moment for the both of them.
Congratulations to Neville from everyone at the Henley SLSC, we are very proud of you. It just shows you never know when the skills we all learn at Surf Lifesaving can be put to great use.