Dear Henley SLSC Member
Henley SLSC Big Row – 10th Anniversary
Saturday 6th February 2016
The Big Row is Henley SLSC’s major annual fundraising event and provides essential funds to maintain our club and equipment, allowing us to continue to provide lifesaving services to the community each year.
The first Big Row was held in 2007, and 2016 marks the 10th year of the event. Each year our members conduct a surf education session for the local Stansbury primary school children and other close communities on the Friday, followed on the Saturday with a 68km open water surf boat row across the gulf from Stansbury on the Yorke Peninsula to Henley Beach.
The rowers and volunteers will arrive back at Henley Beach at 2pm and every member is encouraged to get involved with this event if able.
There are many ways you can contribute including:
- Travel to Stansbury on Friday and teach the local children surf skills or provide water cover and a helping hand for the nipper session. Then stay the night, attend the club dinner at the hotel and then farewell the crew early in the morning.
- Be a part of the support crew or rowers on the 68 km trip back to Henley
- Be a part of the support crew who drive buses and cars/ trailers back to Henley
- Help with the set up on the beach on Saturday for the arrival at Henley
- Assist with the after-row function in the Oceanview room, welcoming sponsors and guests.
Additionally we ask every member to consider who they know, or companies that could become a sponsor of this major fundraising event. There are sponsorship and donation packages from $50 to $5,000 (see attached brochure) and every dollar raised goes towards repaying our loan and providing essential surf lifesaving training equipment.
Direct sponsor donations can also be made via the Henley SLSC website from the Big Row page. Go to: henleyslsc.com.au/the-club/the-big-row/
If every member or family was able to find a sponsor, imagine how that will secure the future of our children and the Henley SLSC so we can continue to train our children and serve the community as we have since 1925.
Henley SLSC President