The Henley Surf Lifesaving Club was founded following a meeting in the Henley Town Hall on the 1st October when a motion was put by Mr. Dan Dineen that the club is called “The Henley Lifesaving Club”. This was to become the first lifesaving club in South Australia and Mr. H. Hannan was elected to be the first President and Dan Dineen the first Club Captain.
Control of Lifesaving in those days was with the Royal Lifesaving Society of SA and the clubroom was a small disused old concrete boat shed just North of the Henley jetty.
The official opening of the club and the clubrooms was conducted on the 21st November 1925 by the Chief Secretary the Hon. J. Jelley MLC.