Members who have registered an apology can attend a contingency session. These will be organised and advertised at a later date.
It is your responsibility to ensure you are proficient in the certificates you hold. Please be aware of your current certificates so you can complete the required skills on the day.
- IRB Crew and Driver: Conducted at the same time as Bronze proficiency.
- ATV: MUST bring current drivers licence to fulfil ATV proficiency requirements, no practical component involved.
Surf Lifesaving Australia requires all Active Patrolling members to sucessfully complete an annual proficiency test to ensure:
- you have the skills level to be effective in the event of a rescue, resuscitation or other emergency.
- you are covered by SLSA’s insurances if you are injured during SLSA activities including patrol & competition.
- you are covered by SLSA’s insurances in the event you cause injury to anyone in the course of your SLSA duties.
What does the bronze medallion and Surf Rescue Certificate proficiency involve?
- 200m run / 200m swim / 200m run in under 8 minutes (100/100/100 in 5 minutes for SRC)
- Patient Rescue (Board or Tube)
- Spinal Board Carries
- 1 and 2 person CPR
- Oxygen and Defibrillation (Bronze Only)
- Radio operations
- IRB awareness